Meet Ava Rose Event Design!

April 28, 2010

photo by La Dolce Vita Wedding Photography

Colleen Sutton from Ava Rose Event Design recently shared some great information about her business. To check out more of her work, be sure to view her website.

How long have you been in business?

I have been in the events industry since 1999 on a full-time basis. From the Banquet Manager at the Greenbrier Inn in Boulder, Colorado to an Events Planner at the Lionsgate Center in Lafayette, Colorado. Then a big move to Indiana where I was the General Manager for Chateau Pomije Winery and Banquet Facility in Guilford, Indiana and then landed a wonderful position at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza as an Executive Catering Sales Manager. I left there to have my daughter in November of 2007 and began working with Dawn Dagenbach in her wedding business, Details by Dawn, as one of her assistants and then started Ava Rose Event Design in January of 2010. So to answer your question … about 11 years!

How many weddings do you do each year?
On my own as Ava Rose Event Design I would prefer to keep it on the smaller side and do about 5 weddings a year. I still assist Dawn in her business and with a toddler at home … I need to keep my priorities in check. GOD, FAMILY, BUSINESS. In that order.

Where are you located?
I live in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, which is about 23 miles from downtown Cincinnati. I am primarily working in the Tri-State area. However I am familiar with what it takes to put together an out of state event. I have assisted with 5 weddings while I have been located here in Indiana and the weddings were in NY, Colorado and Utah.

What sets you about from others in your industry?
I do have some knowledge and experience with Indian (Hindu & Muslim) Weddings. I have had the pleasure of assisting 5 Indian Brides create their special day. I love the culture and respect the process of putting together an elaborate event over the course of many days. It’s a wonderful experience to be a part of something that spectacular.
I also know that one of my strong points is that I have an ability to connect with my client on a level that gives them a peace of mind that everything will work out. I give them confidence in my ability to be a productive part of their team and to assist them in achieving the event that they have only just dreamed of and now can be a reality.

What is something new that you are excited to share?
My website … www.avaroseeventdesign.com

What are the advantages of using your services?
Keeping within or staying below your Wedding Budget! A top priority for me as your consultant is keeping you on budget. With the vast repertoire of local vendors at my fingertips, I am able to provide you with the ones that suit your needs and fit into your budget.
What is your favorite part of the Wedding Day?
The Ceremony … hands down! In this era it seems that Ceremonies fall to the wayside compared to all the planning it takes to prepare for the Reception. The real reason everyone is coming to your Wedding ... is because you are getting MARRIED. If you are considering writing your own vows ... take some personal time together or apart and really consider that this is what its really all about. Capture the moment with the opportunity to be able to really pour your heart into what you want your spouse to really know about how you truly feel about becoming a wife/husband. You won't regret it! I get teary eyed every time!

What should a couple know about your service that they may not thought of?
Consultants should be thought of as part of the overall budget. Not an after thought. We are one of your vendors and including us as part of your team from the beginning ensures a smooth planning experience and a great way to reign in the spending. Too many Brides think about hiring a planner at the end of the planning process to assist them with tying it all together and the budget is already spent and therefore when they see a qualified consultants fee … they are reluctant to pay and instead go the route of a lesser qualified person and thus do not get the entire benefit of what we really do. When hiring a wedding consultant you get more than just that, you get a coordinator, an advisor, a financial planner, a mediator and a best friend!

What are some of the advantages of hiring a Professional?
Professional consultants’ are equipped to handle all things unexpected and most of the time without your knowledge that something has gone array. Most of us have seen it, done it and dealt with it, and it all comes out smooth sailing in the end. So the question becomes, how can we NOT be an advantage to you?

Anything else that you would like to share?
Please start to educate your friends and family that there really is no such thing as a Day Of Coordination in this professional industry. Anyone who would jump into an event on the Day Of and think that they can pull it all together without having met with the Bride & Groom on numerous occasions, to get the feel for what their vision is, is crazy! I would never put myself into a situation like that. Also not having contacted the vendors and gone over timelines and load in and load out instructions or making sure everyone has final numbers and overall taking control at least a month out. There are too many things that can happen and if you are not well prepared to handle the unexpected, it then reflects poorly on the ones in this field that can do it properly and have had the experience.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment